Sunday, October 25, 2009

Organizing ye olde craft room... Part DEUX





WELL!

After many hours of re-spooling countless skeins of yarn, going through all of my stash, taking inventory of my circular, double pointed and straight needles and crochet hooks, one trip to Wal*Mart, and a dozen printed labels later.... I am DONE!

I officially have an organized craft room. *sigh* (see pictures)

I ended up not taking inventory of my whole stash because I didn't have labels for most of the yarn. Instead, I grouped them by color: Neutrals, Reds, Blues, Greens, and Multis. This seemed to cover most of my stash - albeit taking some "poetic license" with color (i.e. white/yellow ombre got filed as 'Neutral', purple is in with 'Reds'). This seems to do the trick for me, and plus, it looks pretty :)

I also have a big 'crushable' bag on the side that is underneath my ball winder of "to frog and spool"/"to respool" - type items that didn't have a place.

All in all, I think it was a pretty successful day. :)

Looking forward to knitting in my new place tomorrow! :)

Siiiiiianara.

No comments:

Post a Comment